Thursday, June 19, 2014

Joe's Weekend on the Fly

June 6-8, 2014

Joe came in for a very quick long weekend a few days after Mom C and MC left. We tried to surprise the children but it did not work out very well. K figured it out and T and L I think had an idea. I also let it slip a few times. Oh well...at least L was surprised when we got to the airport and her Daddy was standing outside. We did not do much that day except order dinner from the chipper. Joe had to have his fill of curry chips, battered sausage, and spice burgers. 

Saturday Joe did a few things around the house for me - mow the lawn, etc. Ohh its wonderful to have a male around the house! I was meeting up with all the girls for a girls night and day out. Ha! We started off at 1.30pm for a late lunch at One Pico. The meal was amazing. This was the place where I did my Mother's 70th birthday party. There were about 12 of us together for the day. My 2nd cousin is also getting married the end of this month so we also celebrated with his fiancĂ© as a "mini hen night". 

After lunch we went to the Shelbourne for a few drinks and then we walked down to the Residence Members Club for the rest of the night. We all had a blast with loads of laughs. I'm going to miss these girls!! It was a great night and even better that Joe was in town to watch the children. He took them on walks and went to the park for most of the day. 

On Sunday we went to mass at St. Candice's down the road. Then in the afternoon Joe took the children to Croke Park for the Dubs quarter finals game in the Leinster Cup. (I think this is the real reason Joe decided to come this weekend). THE GAME! I wish I had a picture of all 4 of them in their Dubs jersey...oops I forgot! They all had a great time. I dropped them off in the car close to the stadium where they could walk the rest of the way to Croke Park. 



Daddy with his "Unicorn Princess L"
I packed a suitcase while everyone was at the game. Joe was going to take one big case back with him...so now I have 2 done!After the game I picked them up on a street close to the park. We then drove out to my 2nd cousin's house in Donabate for dinner. They were breaking in their new Weber grill so we had a wonderful meal. The drinks were kinda flowing that night so we did not end up getting home until 11pm...and it was a school night! I tried and tried to get Joe moving to leave but it just did not happen. My other cousin even took a taxi home around the same time we left (with his fiancĂ© and 4 yr old). This country is crazy...but it was a fun night. 

The next morning Joe did the whole school routine for me - getting the kids up, making lunches, etc. Yeah! Then a little later L and I drove Joe to the airport for his flight back to DC. We all had a fun but very quick weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello - I'd love to hear from you!