Wednesday, June 18, 2014

May Happenings...

Yea I know...its June! I'm a little behind with all the traveling we have done. First world problems! 

K finished up her soccer season with Home Farm. One of her last games was at Malahide Castle. I'm definitely going to miss all the beautiful backdrops at her soccer games - castles, mountains, etc. Her U12 team finished 3rd in their premier division. 

They have a grass parking lot and its actually green!
K's U11 team went undefeated for the spring season. They all received an award by the MGL (Metro Girls League). They came out to the club and the team got a big trophy and the girls all got medals. Unfortunately my camera died on me so I am trying to track down pictures from that evening. 

K continues to bring home lots of fruit a couple days a week! I'm hoping the staff at her school are not talking about this American student who takes home the left over fruit. The schools get free milk and fruit everyday so K brings home the left overs.
K made the Italian pasta that we brought home from Italy. It was yummy and very colorful. 


T has been enjoying school and doing well on his work. He really enjoys the all boys school and I think it has been really good for him. The teachers and staff just know how to handle boys and let them be boys. They had a sports day at school which is like our field day. He had a great day and did not even get homework that night! Trust me...no homework for T is HUGE in his life!

T got invited to one of this friends birthday parties as a "fun zone" place. During the party I took L and K to Starbucks and we did a little shopping in the Blanchardstown mall. The girls got their "baby Chinos" aka Hot Chocolate! I'm going to miss going to Starbucks here and actually drinking it in the store with the ceramic mugs. Life is just so much slower here! 


My yummy drink!
We had one Saturday in May where the forecast was predicting a very rainy day with possible flooding. I figured it would be best to find something to do with the children indoors for the whole day. We drove to the south side and went to Dundrum Town Centre...why has no one taken me here before? This was a REAL mall! I was even impressed with their parking garage that told you what row to turn down because there was a parking spot available. There were sensors above the cars. Very cool!
Dundrum Town Centre
We went to check out the Rainforest Mini-Golf since that was really why we drove here. Ohhh and yes its an indoor mini-golf course! The children were so excited to mini-golf. This was L's first time ever doing it....and she LOVED it! She talked about it for weeks afterwards. 
Entrance to the Rainforest Golf Course


We walked around the mall for a little while and we went into Hamley's toy store. Hamley's is a UK toyshop and they have a HUGE store in London. It's actually just like a FAO Schwartz in NYC. It was a fun place to walk around for awhile. 
I have been reading "The Secret Garden" to L before bed. She had been enjoying it until about halfway through the book when she decided she did not want me to read it anymore. Hopefully we will come back to it soon, because I have always loved that book. We were at a soccer blitz one evening and L noticed a little break in the bushes. She came up to me, "Mom...is that the entrance to the Secret Garden?". So cute!

The children have been working on lots of projects at school. I love here how the projects are done at school and not at home. Its mainly because we don't have stores here like Michael's...and they don't want the parents to help them. Love it! 
T's clay boat
K's paper mache mask 
T's project on Ancient Egypt
My 2nd cousin was traveling to Chicago for business for almost a week. I helped her out a little bit with her three children on the weekend. On the Saturday we all went to see Rio 2 at the theatre and then we went to Eddie Rockets for dinner. Then on Sunday we went to my cousins house for dinner with the children. They all had a great time and L of course was in heaven hanging out with the dog the whole time! 
K's class went on an all day field trip down to the Wicklow Mountains. They went to a place called Baltinglass Outdoor Education Centre. They were served breakfast and lunch at the centre and they just had to pack a dinner for the bus ride home.  They had loads of activities for the girls - archery, canoeing, kayaking, ropes course, orienteering, and rock climbing. K had a wonderful day and said it was all awesome!

The weather is getting much nicer now so the children are outside in the green as fast as they can get their homework done. Its getting hard tho getting them to even come inside for dinner and bedtime. Its getting dark here so late now...at least not until 10pm and the sun is up bright and early at 4.30am! I'm interested to see what its like on the longest day of the year. 
Playing in the green







No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello - I'd love to hear from you!