Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It's a Peppa Pig 4th Birthday!

My little L turned 4 on June 11th. It was a bittersweet day for us all.  She was so looking forward to turning 4, but I was so sad that my youngest is getting so BIG! Please make time STOP. 

L has been obsessed with Peppa Pig since this past September. When I mean obsessed I mean OBSESSED. I think she had watched maybe two episodes of Peppa Pig in the US, then we arrived here in Ireland and everything is Peppa Pig! Peppa Pig is always on television here...along with Mr. Bean and Garfield (I have no idea why). 
Eating a Peppa Pig Ice Pop back in September
Peppa Pig Cupcake from the Bakery - October 2013
They even sell Peppa Pig pasta in Ireland
L colored Peppa Pig in preschool this past Fall

Peppa Pig outfit she received for Christmas from my cousin
As you can see it was fitting that we throw her a little Peppa Pig party. L has even been asking for a Peppa Pig cake since last year. 

The eve before her 4th birthday when I was putting L to bed she had loads of questions. Am I going to be bigger (taller) tomorrow? Will my muscles be bigger? When I'm 4 can I stay up later at night like K? and many many more.... 

The next morning L woke up early, "Its my birthday...It's my birthday...am I BIGGER?" This was definitely the first year I think that L really understood what was going on. K's friend from school brought over a little gift for L. It was very sweet of her and of course it was a Peppa Pig themed gift! Even the whole neighborhood knows that L loves Peppa Pig! 

My mother and I took L to lunch for her birthday at Andersons Cafe right here in Glasnevin. It was a cute little place that was very crowded. I guess that is a good sign! We all had a great lunch together. 
L dressed for her birthday lunch

L got to open up her presents and cards when K and T came home from school. They were all wrapped in Peppa Pig wrapping paper (of course!). 
Peppa Pig underwear (L did not think this was a FUN bday gift!)
Peppa Pig books!


Peppa Pig puzzle
The following Saturday we threw a little party for L with my cousins and their little children. Any excuse to get all the adults together. 
L all ready for her birthday party!

the children's food table
cake pops and a Peppa Pig cake
The piñata was such a success at T's party I decided to do it again
The Birthday Mantle




the poor little pig after all the fun

Happy 4th Birthday L! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello - I'd love to hear from you!