Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Windy Day at the Beach

I thought before we left Ireland we should do one day at the beach. It was supposed to be sunny and almost 70...wrong! The weather changed at the last minute and it was overcast and windy. But the children still wanted to go. K made all the sandwiches again and packed them in the basket with snacks and drinks. We drove out to the beach in Skerries. It was a nice beach....but very windy!




T would not get in the water because it was so cold, but the girls got right in and splashed around. Our picnic did not go as planned either since it was so windy. As I was holding my sandwich the wind was blowing so much my sandwich got sandy. Every bite I took had a little sand in it. Yuck! The sandwiches all went in the bin! An hour later we decided to walk up to the playground. The children are definitely going to miss all the fun things they have here at playgrounds. 


We walked down the coast a little to the north beach and they had a little ice cream shop called, Storm in a Teacup. So cute! We had to do the Irish thing and get ice cream. 


North Beach - the village of Skerries
We had a good day despite the high winds. When I got home I told my mother how we had to eat sandy sandwiches. She just laughed and said, "thats a real Irish day at the beach!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello - I'd love to hear from you!