Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our Cute Rooms in Lisnacurran

May 30, 2014

This was our last full weekend with Mom C and MC! Its crazy how fast the days just went. They had spent 4 days in Dublin and they saw all the sites and most importantly did loads of shopping! It was Friday and we were heading up to the "North" for the weekend. I went to go pick up the rental car around 1.30pm thinking I would be home in plenty of time to collect the children from school. Nope! It took me forever to get the car from Hertz (this time we rented from Hertz NOT Avis). Once I finally got the car I wanted to make sure it drove ok and the clutch felt ok...I did not want to get accused of breaking another clutch. Ha! By the time I got home the children were already home and changed. I loaded up the car, moved the carseat into the van, and then drove into town to pick up Mom C and MC. We finally were then able to get on the road up North towards Belfast! 

Its a pretty quick drive up to Belfast...just about an hour and a half (thats because there is a new highway going North). We were all staying in a B&B right outside of Belfast in Lisnacurran. 
Our Bed and Breakfast
This bed and breakfast was just soooo cute. We all had two rooms that were right next to each other. The children were estatic because they got to fill out sheets on what they wanted for breakfast for the hot portion of the meal. We then had to turn them into the owner the night before. K always made sure we had our sheets filled out promptly.
The breakfast room
The courtyard area...our rooms were in the building to the left
The Lounge
this was our room and the other room was thru the door
of course the three of them loved the swing set in the yard
the other bedroom
When we got the car unloaded our next mission was to figure out dinner. We drove to a few places...one we could not walk into because it was overbooked, one did not allow children, and one we did not like the look of the outside. It was pretty late by this point and we were all starving especially the children. We gave up and went to McDonalds! Oh yes we did and it was great and cheap! Hands down McDonalds tastes sooo much better in Europe. The children played for a little while on the swing set before it was time to go to bed. We all fell asleep pretty early that night. 

PS. I have an update on the clutch that we got accused of breaking in the whole 5 minute I was driving the car - they said it was broken but the clutch had many miles on it and we did not have to pay for it! Yeah!! BUT Avis would not waive the automatic charge that they said we would not have to pay if we did not break the clutch. Ughh...so another phone battle I have to deal with! 


2 comments:

  1. Still loving all your posts! Great pictures! I can only imagine all the others you took that didn't make the blog! I was just wondering if they still served the fried apple pies at McDonalds? I remember buying them all over Europe last time I was there - 2001. So yummy. When do you come home? Soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they still have the fried apple pies! I have never had one here..now I might have to try it! We come home on July 4th! Yea!!

      Delete

Say hello - I'd love to hear from you!